Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fun Times

With a 2nd one on the way, and Sean just turning 2 we have wondered when and how to make the transition from crib to bog boy bed . . . . lets just say Sean is apparently ready.

I don't have a video or picture of it yet, but the other day when Jane was watching Sean she heard a loud thump during his nap-time and a knock coming from the inside of his door. She said she opened the door and he was standing there and said, "Hi". This was the first time he has done this (thanks Jane for handling it so well) and lets just say his bedtime routine lasted oh, only 2 hours of putting him back into his crib again and again.

So the next day we broke out the big boy bed. I picked up some "fast car" sheets which he cuddled with all day, and was super excited to try it out. We were nervous about having another long night, but here is what we got instead. I suppose if he is sleeping in a big boy bed that means he really is a big boy. Oh, and yes, we do have a frame, it was just not in the house yet.



On another note, Sean still loves music and the other day he and Ryan had a little jam session. I don't know what this new move is - the spinning round and round and round - but I think it works for him.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

This was the highlight of my day, he is the sweetest. He even strums his guitar with dad. PRICELESS! :)

Jenny said...

i guess he was just ready...i was amazed when jane came home and told me what happened! that little stinker!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh Katie, this video is so cute! I recently found your blog and it's so fun to see what you guys are up to. Happy late Mother's Day!

Stacey Kyler said...

HOLY COW!! I have watched that guitar video like 6 times...I can't stop laughing!! Sean is destined for super stardom...rock it, buddy!!

katie on the front porch said...

sean is so adorable katie! i'm getting excited to meet little girl kyler-- bet you are too!